Under general supervision, the Sales Coordinator provides assistance and administrative support to the Director of Sales & Marketing, Sr. Sales Manager, Sales Managers and a Marketing Manager; assists in coordinating the licensing of space and booking of events for the facility.
JOB DUTIES (including, but not limited to):
- Represent the facility to potential facility users; respond to inquiries regarding facility use and send out marketing/rental materials; assist facility users in finalizing booking arrangements including preparation of proposals and contracts as well as collection of deposits due
- Assist Sales Managers in the preparation of event license agreements, addenda and related correspondence; review documents for completeness and accuracy; assist in following up with facility users regarding deposits, insurance and other related license agreement requirements
- Assist Sales Managers in updating facility user contact and account information, blocking meeting space and other event booking information in the computerized event booking and management system
- Create and maintain event files; distribute and reconcile all event folders and respective checklists for Sales, Event Services and Finance Departments
- Run, prepare and distribute weekly reports for the department
- Represent the department at weekly operational meetings
- Update the event calendar on facility website, in-house posters; prepare various reports & correspondence
- Coordinate client welcome gift program
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Perform other duties as required
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Principles and practices of sales and marketing
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and related computer equipment; business letter writing and basic report preparation; principles and procedures of record keeping; principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting; customer service practices.
- Must have intermediate or above computer skills in Microsoft office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, email and internet software
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing; type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively resolve workload issues
- Learn and understand the operation of a convention center and apply that knowledge to continually improve performance.
- Make basic arithmetic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) either manually or by operating a calculator
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Richmond Region Tourism (RRT), facility and corporate staff, potential clients and facility users
- Meet specific targets and goals as discussed with and approved by your supervisor.
- Work as needed on a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended work days and extended numbers of days
- Minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in an administrative support position, preferably in a hotel, convention center or related meeting facility.
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, public relations, business administration, hospitality management or other related field.
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education
Licenses or Certificates:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Virginia driver’s license.
SALARY: Starting hourly rate of $12.50/hr. - $14.42/hr. (equivalent to $26,000 - $30,000 annually) dependent upon candidate’s education, qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted online. Apply at http://www.spectraexperiences.com , click on “Careers” at the top left corner of the page, click on the link as indicated for “Employment Opportunities with Spectra,” search the job board for positions in Richmond, VA. Once you’ve selected and reviewed this posting, click on “Apply for this Job online” on the right side of the page.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled