Under general direction from the Director of Finance & Administration, the Staff Accountant performs a variety of accounting duties involving research, analysis, record keeping, payroll processing and accounts payable.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Full cycle Accounts Payable, from invoice receipt to check creation. Process and match purchase orders, invoices and packing slips; verify accuracy of information; research discrepancies; maintain a payables log and route invoices to departments for approval. Reconcile monthly statements from vendors; confer with vendors regarding purchase orders, invoices and payments. Maintain Accounts Payable files.
- Prepare Sales Tax and Admissions Tax returns
- Recordkeeping for 1099 Information returns: Determine if vendors are exempt from 1099 reporting and secure TIN for non-exempt vendors. Prepare annual 1099 returns.
- Post data to various ledgers, registers, journals, and logs with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with established accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain listing and track purchases for Small, Women and Minority (SWaM) vendors
- Process biweekly payroll using payroll software, input data such as new hires and personnel changes. Maintain confidential, accurate and detailed personnel files and leave records for all full time employees. Respond to employee questions concerning balances.
- Post cash receipts and process event invoices. Compile and close out event files.
- Input and retrieve a variety of financial data and information using a computer terminal
- Perform all duties in an accurate and timely manner paying strong attention to details
- Interpret, explain, apply and comply with administrative and departmental policies and procedures
- Perform varied clerical work; understand and carry out oral and written instructions in a multi-task environment
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Provide exceptional customer service both internally and externally
- Organize and maintain a variety of financial records, files and confidential information
- Assist the Director of Finance & Administration in the performance of Human Resource function
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent accounting experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll software
- Experience with eTime or similar time keeping software
- Experience with Sage 100 or similar accounting software
Education / Training:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intermediate or better computer skills in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook
Licenses or Certificates:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Virginia driver’s license
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to foster collaboration, recognize and resolve conflicts, and openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
The duties of this position are usually performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
SALARY: Starting salary range of $35,000 - $45,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
HOW TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted online. Apply at https://careers-comcastspectacor.icims.com/jobs/4692/staff-accountant---greater-richmond-convention-center/job
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Spectra maintains a drug-free work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employment (EOE) Employer