In order to provide your event with the best possible service, facility staff need as much information as you can provide regarding the service you are seeking. As the saying goes, “the devil is in the details.” Determining internet connectivity and bandwidth needs for an event requires a certain level of understanding and detail regarding how your presenters or attendees will use the internet access you are seeking.
Below are links to two resources that do a very good job explaining the Wi-Fi discussion taking place within the Meetings and Event Industry. We hope you find this information helpful in determining your connectivity and bandwidth requirements.
The following telecommunication services are currently available at the Greater Richmond Convention Center:
- Videoconference / Telepresence Hosting Services
- Dedicated Bandwidth Segments now up to 500 Mbps with the ability to expand to more than 1Gbps
- High Speed Internet Access *Facility-wide Wired and Wireless Service
- Digital Voice Lines (Local & Long Distance service available)
- Analog Voice Lines (Local & Long Distance service available)
- Facsimile Lines (Local & Long Distance service available)
- Modem and Credit Card Lines (Local & Long Distance service available)
- Call Forwarding
- Call Waiting
- Voice Mail
Download the 2016 Telecommunications Order Form.
For more information about our telecom and Internet services, please contact Dan Allred, Information Technology Manager, for the Greater Richmond Convention Center, at (804) 400-0251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.